MINETEXT - MCEdit filter to write words into the world
Post date: Mar 07, 2013 8:23:29 PM
This MCEdit filter converts text you write into blocky words in the Minecraft world.
(2013-03-09 - update v5 includes a fixed width font from /u/katra_ix, the prototype font, and some large Minecraft blocks that you can 'type' into the world as letters a-s)
(2013-03-07 - update v4 includes a proportional font, and support if you want to add your own. Create a directory under your filters/font directory to add your own font)
1. Copy the .py file into your MCEdit filters directory
2. Move the font folder into your MCEdit filters directory
1. Add any new 5W 10H 2L .schematics you want to the font directory. The naming convention is .schematic
2. Select a region in MCEdit
3. Enter your text in the Message field
4. Run the filter.
You can change the material with MCEdit's Replace tool.
A video tutorial is online here: VIDEO
Reddit thread here for discussion
This album shows how to create the .schematic files for your own font.